1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Gcodeprintr for Android

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by GAmbrosio, Feb 24, 2016.

1. GAmbrosio

GAmbrosio Active Member

2. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

3. daniel871

daniel871 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I used it to manually control my Robo and queue up prints/etc. when I was considering setting up a dedicated tablet before discovering Octoprint and the Raspberry Pi.

It actually worked rather well, as long as you kept in mind that it was only useful in terms of being an alternative to the LCD display mods people do (load/run a program, manually jog the machine/etc.).

Between GCodePrintr and ArduinoDroid apps you can do pretty much anything you need on the Robo without using a dedicated PC.

ArduinoDroid lets you modify/re-flash the firmware once you've downloaded the firmware from Robo or nabbed Waldo's custom firmware from his thread on the subject.

4. GAmbrosio

GAmbrosio Active Member

I figure, for the 4.50- it may be worth getting my MBP back? The Tab is a spare since I have the Note 12 as well. I'll try it tonight. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. GAmbrosio

GAmbrosio Active Member

I tried it and the App can't talk to the Tab. I ordered a USB 2.0 OTG cable in case it is the 3.0 I was using that's causing the problem.

6. GAmbrosio

GAmbrosio Active Member

On the bright side, I figured out how to get my MacBook back...I finally watched the Getting Started video which has a step by step on how to print from SD, untethered with MC.