1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

GrabCAD Print (Beta)

Discussion in 'Software' started by Ryan TeGantvoort, Aug 10, 2016.

1. Ryan TeGantvoort

Ryan TeGantvoort Active Member

https://grabcad.com/print

Just noticed this while looking for a few CAD files, instead of reinventing the wheel. Found it pretty interesting that they created their own slicer.

While in the Beta stage, you can use for free by simply signing up. The Robo printer is not yet supported according to the documentation. Looks like just their Stratasys Printers currently.

Decided to download it anyways and see what its all about! One unique feature is I can actually just upload the SolidWorks Part File. You can also Schedule prints and print/monitor from any device. Also checks your model for errors when loaded. Slicing seems to be very quick, but lifts my part off the bed for some reason.

There are literally no slicer settings though, besides Material Selection, Supports Yes/No, and Layer Height.

Looks like they have a long ways to go but I do like the feature of uploading SLDPRT files. But I have also never used a Stratasys Printer, perhaps they just work!

2. daniel871

daniel871 Well-Known Member

Seeing as how the price range on Stratasys printers run from $6,000-$750,000 (depending on print size & material capabilities), I would certainly hope so.

3. Ryan TeGantvoort

Ryan TeGantvoort Active Member

WOW!!! A little out of my price range! :eek:

4. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Most of us have the same issue.

5. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

One day I'll grow up and have a big boy printer lol. A few thousand I can handle.... A nice used suv price tag might get me kicked out lol

6. pnkjb

pnkjb New Member

Price is too high.