1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unresolved Hardware error

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by capecodcharlie, Aug 16, 2016.

1. danzca6

danzca6 Well-Known Member

He is suggesting you try Cura or some other program to print your models.

Now you set the top and bottom solid layer setting to 3? Did you change the bottom layer height setting at all?

Also, are you running Windows 7 or 10? There is a Snipping Tool that you can use to capture screen shots instead of using your camera. Just go under the start menu under the accessories and you should find it. Or you can press the windows key on your keyboard and the R key at the same time to bring up the Run dialog box and then enter %windir%\system32\SnippingTool.exe to get it to come up. Click the new button then you can select what you want off the screen. Save as a file and post that. I know...maybe I'm getting ahead of myself again.

Now one thing to think about with the quality of the part is that sometimes there are areas of a model that are two thin to make solid because the nozzle size on the Robo is.4mm round. If you have some details or tight wedges that are say 1 mm wide you may only get two passes at .4 leaving about a .2mm gap. That's just part of designing a part for a 3d printer that some designers don't get just right sometimes. Different nozzle sizes can help, but that is more involved and something for later. I've done just fine with just my default nozzle size.

2. capecodcharlie

.i am writing these things down so the next time it won't be that I'll that stupid , ?? Thanks

3. Ryan TeGantvoort

Ryan TeGantvoort Active Member

Try a different Slicer/Software/Program. MatterControl is a Slicer.

If you want Export your current settings in MatterControl, and upload the file here. I will take a look at it, something is definitely not right.

View -> Settings -> Options -> Export

danzca6 likes this.
  4. capecodcharlie

No I only changed the one setting to 3 , and I'm not running windows 7 or 10 , That lap top is no long running , I'm on an older one a step down , , just not with the lap top right now , I'm looking at a few new ones but I do not think I want a 10. There charging you now for differance things ,

5. capecodcharlie

Now I know what a slicer is , I figured as much , I'm not at the computer right now but will look into that setting and see what's there ,, Thanks

6. capecodcharlie

Oh Me Bad , it's not the Slicer ?? It's the rookie running it , I took a minute and went to look at the settings and sure enough I changed both the top and bottom settings , I was sure I had them , but not the case , when I get back I'm going to find those others , some how and try again , if you see a white flag I lost the battle , LOL , ILL get back , Thanks

How many rookie mistakes do I get. .?.

7. danzca6

danzca6 Well-Known Member

I still catch myself making rookie mistakes from time to time. So we are pretty forgiving here. ;)

mark tomlinson likes this.
  8. Ryan TeGantvoort

Ryan TeGantvoort Active Member