1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Heat Bed Failed Error

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by wford, Feb 19, 2020.

1. wford

wford New Member

Hello,

I have an R2 error that no one at customer support can solve.

When printing we get a heat bed failed error. This printer has been plagued with problems, had to swamp out the motherboard, issues with z offset, and did a system reset. After the system reset we get the heat bed error.

The heat bed is the newer style.

Any ideas?

Attached Files:

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

When it is sitting at room temperature, what does the LCD show for bed temperature?
    When you start heating the bed -- watch the LCD -- does the temperature track up and then fail (if so what temperature does it fail at) or fail immediately?

Still likely a bed thermsitor or connection issue. Most likely the thermistor in the bed (or the connectors) but could possibly be a bad mainboard.

3. wford

wford New Member

LCD shows the heat bed sitting at 18-19C. It does move up and down, when I set the bed to 60C it's doesn't heat up or change past 19C. After being idle for a bit the LCD will close out of the heat bed window.

4. tkoco

tkoco - -.- --- -.-. ---
    Staff Member

Set the bed temperature to 40 C ( 104 F - a safe to momentarily touch temperature ). Does the print bed get warm at all? If not, then check the fuses on the motherboard for a potential blown or faulty fuse. As I recall, the heater power circuit is separate from the rest of the power circuits.

5. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

6. wford

wford New Member

When setting the bed to 40C it doesn't get warm. The temp sensor doesn't change past 19C. After it's set for a while the LCD shows a connection error and backs out to the main menu.

I've checked and reconnected the bed connectors they are in the same place as your picture.

Not for sure where to go from here...

7. tkoco

tkoco - -.- --- -.-. ---
    Staff Member

It means that the heating element is not getting power to warm up with ( or the heating element itself is defective ). How about the fuses? Are both of them good ( fuses / heating element )?

Before you replace the main board, try uploading the latest firmware just to make sure there is no issue with it. Look at the R2 FAQ : http://community.robo3d.com/index.php?threads/r2-faq.23706/

#7 tkoco, Feb 20, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2020
    mark tomlinson likes this.
  8. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

Yep, I would check the fuses for starters :)