1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Answered Heat bed/polyfuse not getting power

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Kirk, Dec 11, 2016.

1. Kirk

Kirk Member

Hello everyone,

I'm wondering if someone has a wiring diagram for the electronics board. My heat bed was working fine last time i used the printer but now it doesn't respond. The F2 fuse is not receiving power ( on either terminal) so I'm assuming that's why wire leads going to the bed its self is not getting power...and yes i have the heat bed turned on in the software. trying to figure out what the next spot to test is as its not very clear.

Thank you for your help

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

3. Kirk

Kirk Member

Thank you Mark,

I do actually have an early model printer but have upgraded to a ramps with the 14A polyfuse . But in haveing trouble linking the power from the 11A power block on the ramps to the F2 polyfuse in guessing it runs through one of the MOSFETs, but not sure wich one and seems they would be hard to test while connected. do you have any thought on what could be causing the problem?

4. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

It runs through Q3 mosfet on a standard ramps. Its most likely toast. Commom failure

mark tomlinson likes this.