1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved heat bed stopped heating

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by jhenager1, Jul 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jhenager1

jhenager1 Member

I was printing last night and it looked great and since it was working from the SD card, I went to bed and checked about 3 AM and it was almost done, but the LEDs were not lit. Other that that, it was a great print, and it finished. The LEDs were lit up after completion.
    But when powering it up and trying to heat the bed today, the LEDs again went out. No more heat, either.
    I am torn between buying another bed, board/ramps/ or power supply, and if I did all three, I might just get a Prusa instead. Can anyone give me a probable cause for the failure?
    I took the bottom off and checked the cables, and nothing appears to be disconnected. It still prints, but only PLA for now.

2. jhenager1

jhenager1 Member

Took it all apart again and found nothing loose or disconnected, but now got heat. Thanks anyway!

3. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

The bed heater is directly from the RAMPS (D8) so check the connections there and the RAMPS itself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.