1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Partial Answer Heat creep in new E3DV6

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by John in MS, May 31, 2018.

1. John in MS

John in MS Active Member

Well my frustration with the E3D install continues. Hopefully I can soon see the possible upsides of this hotend over the regular hex.

I unhooked my little deluxe display and went back to Mattercontrol tethered to the machine. I was able to correct the extruder flow rate. I will someday get back to updating the firmware and flashing for the little controller to work again.

I did a calibration cube after the flow rate and it was a great print. Tight top and great layers. I thought I was on to something. So I began a calibration circle and no filament was coming out. The hotend had jammed. It was a jam like I got before when the fan went out on the hexagon I was running. Though this time the fan never left the side of the hotend and was running at high RPM. This type of jam shouldn’t be happening with a running fan on its side. To make matters worse the filament broke in the Bowden tube.

So I to get out that tube and with one week end I shouldn’t realistically have to be replacing it. Then the heat creep has to be addressed. I do not know what can be done with a fan running on the side of the hotend not achieving the proper goal

Oiler was used. PLA at 210, bed at 50

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

3. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

This will be tough to troubleshoot remotely :) Did you edit the firmware to change the thermistor type to match the E3D? If not then your indicated temperatures are wrong. That can be problematic as you will not be extruding at the temperatures you expect. Also make sure the fan is blowing the correct direction (although that is less important really)

4. John in MS

John in MS Active Member

You know with my limited knowledge of firmware I think I did make that change. It would require me looking at it tonight to see I that change "took"

It said it updated, but miles away in my cube I don't know

mark tomlinson likes this.
  5. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

S'OK, we'll be here later too :)