1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved Heated bed reads @85*

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by stormdrmmr, Jan 20, 2022.

1. stormdrmmr

stormdrmmr New Member

Bought a refurbished R1+ in December from B&H Photo. Installed MC1.5 from sd card. Calibration circle and first few prints went fine. After powering down printer and turning it back on bed temp reads 85*. Have tried multiple different firmware version, reverted back to "original(1.2 I think). When I oredered my reprap discount full graphics controller I also bought a "high quality" mega clone from parts discount. current setup: Screw in themistor on hotend with its own wire running back to pins. New thermistor on bed with aluminum tape with its own wires running back to pins. Mega clone installed. Tried switching bed and extruder on ramps. no difference. If i set target temp to @ 103 it heats up to close to 50. Is it possible there is a software issue or am I looking at a new RAMPS?

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

If you switched/swapped the bed and extruder thermistors on the RAMPS and the bed is still reading incorrectly (if the bad reading did NOT move to the extruder) then you are looking at the thermistor connection on the RAMPS is poor or the RAMPS has failed for that thermistors input. If you are sure it is an R1+ you can either buy a new RAMPS board from PartsBuilt.com for the R1+ or buy a generic RAMPS 1.4 and follow this thread to adapt it to work with the R1+:

http://community.robo3d.com/index.p...and-rewiring-to-make-generic-ramps-work.8356/

3. stormdrmmr

stormdrmmr New Member

Thanks Mark. A RAMPS board is on the way.

mark tomlinson likes this.
  4. stormdrmmr

stormdrmmr New Member

Was The RAMPS board

mark tomlinson likes this.
  5. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

Sweet! Go print stuff!

6. stormdrmmr

stormdrmmr New Member

Already on it. Totally unrelated to this thread. I read where you never use the cover. Do you have a gcode file for the spool holder you use?

7. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

Yes, here are pcitures of the small one and the large one. All the parts from a HW store and even the big one was really cheap. Those are standard cast-iron plumbing pipes and fittings :) The base is a chunk of wood. Each can feed multiple spools. You can weight the base by stacking unused spools on the upright bar in the middle.

FilamentSpools.jpg

FilamentStand.jpg