1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Hello from Melbourne, Fl.

Discussion in 'United States of America' started by bill Snyder, May 11, 2018.

1. bill Snyder

bill Snyder Member

Just bought a R2. As someone else pointed out waiting for it to arrive may be the hardest part. This will be my 3rd printer. Hope it's as good as advertised!

Geof and mark tomlinson like this.
  2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Well howdy near neighbor :)
    I am over in Orlando (east side -- away from the theme parks and closer to the important stuff -- the beach).

bill Snyder and Geof like this.
  3. bill Snyder

bill Snyder Member

Thanks for the greetings. Good to see others in Florida.

4. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Welcome ! (Not in Florida ;) )

bill Snyder likes this.
  5. bill Snyder

bill Snyder Member

Thank you Geof. This will be my 4th printer. Monoprice mini was my first for Christmas. Then the JGaurora A5, which turned out to be surprisingly good. Just got the new mono prince mini delta, just to have a delta. Now the R2.

Geof likes this.
  6. BrooklynBay

BrooklynBay Active Member

Welcome from NY. Are you using all 4 printers or are they being put into storage as you get a different brand? How many years are you using 3D printers? What kind of slicing program are you using (or do you work directly from the printer)?

7. bill Snyder

bill Snyder Member

Hello. Don't have the R2 yet. Hopefully tomorrow. Only been printing since Dec. 17. I'm using S3d. I use maybe 2 at a time. Son came back for summer from school so it limits printing as we turned his room into guest room and printing room. lol

8. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

:)

The printers. They breed over time. I had to build an entire workshop...
    (and then they invited friends)

Yell if you have any questions, I don't have an R2 -- I have a C2 (but much is identical). Geof and Waldo have R2s, someone can get you going. I have a few other printers (including a couple R1+ equivalents, a delta and a DLP)

9. bill Snyder

bill Snyder Member

Good to know there is a great folks willing to help. Its habit forming. How do you like your DLP? Been thinking of that. I really like watching the delta and really surprise how well it prints.

10. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

The DLP is .. interesting. We built ours ourselves (my son and I) and that added a whole extra level of learnin' to it.
    It can do extremely high detail, but smaller area overall (ours is roughly 4x4 in) and it can do it pretty quickly (layer at a time and all that). The real downside IMHO is the choice of materials. Resin is not cheap and you do not have as many varieties of resin as you do filament. Resin is also nasty stuff to work with...