1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Help needed Is This a Beta Version or Not?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Broth9640, Jan 21, 2022.

1. Broth9640

Broth9640 New Member

Hi, I am new here so go easy on me. I am looking at bidding on a Robo 3D R1 printer at an auction, but after doing some research I am unsure if this model is a Beta version or not. I know of a few differences like the print head and the bed rails, no bottom cover etc, but I am limited to only a few pictures. Any help would be really appreciated. I just don't know what I am looking at and I want to be sure before I bid. Thanks
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Sure looks like the beta which was their first kickstarter version in 2013.
    I have two that started off that way, both have been upgraded and are still running fine.

3. Broth9640

Broth9640 New Member

Thanks, what would be a fair price for it? I don't want to pay too much then end up sinking a ton of money in upgrades. thanks

4. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Honestly? I couldn't say for certain. If it is 100% working then I might consider as much as $150-200. Tough call since these days you can get something close to that in many ways (and better in others) for less.

If it is not working... not even that, not worth more than a small collection of parts.

The beta did not have auto bed leveling and used a wooden (or delrin on some models) base plate and drawer slide rails for the Y carriage (rather than 8mm linear rods). It was sold either with or with out a bed heater so see if it has that.

Broth9640 likes this.