1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Help with Calibration?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Amanda Galiano, May 2, 2017.

1. Amanda Galiano

Amanda Galiano New Member

I have a Robo 3d R1+ that I love (and two other 3d printers, so I'm not a total newbie. The Robo is most basic one). I just got a Robo C2 and I can't even get a single print out of it. It seems like something is wrong with the way it's calibrated. When I turn it on, it grinds against the left side of the x axis (makes a horrible sound). After doing the Z -calibration, the first test print I did grinded against the bottom of the bed so badly, it dug a line in it before it would cancel. I stopped it, recalibrated, started again and it still drug. I finally got it to level out and start a print, but it fails every time (I still get the X-axis grinding).

Is there a calibration step I am missing? I've even tried the goofy built in files and they lay down a layer or two and then fail. The part of the plate that got gouged is near the back, so I don't think that's affecting it (I intend to order a new one, but not until I get at least one print).

#1 Amanda Galiano, May 2, 2017
    Last edited: May 2, 2017
  2. Amanda Galiano

Here's what it did to the print bed on my first print.

Attached Files:

3. Amanda Galiano

I might have found the issue. There was a magnet that was a few mms offset. It wasn't that noticeable to the eye, and I wouldn't have thought about that if I hadn't read it here in a thread. I pushed them all in and measured and it's most closer now. I have a print to 10% at least, which is longer than they have been going. It still makes a loud noise when I start a print at the X axis.

If that's the issue (and I'm sure it's an issue, but maybe not the only one) Robo should mention checking the magnets in their setup materials. I ruined a plate and several sheets of whatever that painters tape stuff is.

4. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Hello @Amanda Galiano I'd reach out to them directly. They dont frequent the user forum often, they may do something to help alleviate some of your frustration.

5. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

The print bed tape is cheap at least. Since this was a defective part get them to replace the bed as well.