1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Help with printer

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Cody Singer, Jul 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cody Singer

Cody Singer New Member

well I have been able to make more than 1 good print now :) All of my problems must have been from the filiment coming into the extruder at an angle. Ever since I put the top back on and the line is coming in straight on I have had great prints. I solved my lifting issue by setting the heat bed to 60 and then re leveling my bed with a slightly thinner business card. One of the other things I think was causing issues was the business card I was using was twice as thick as a normal one. I found a normal card and that seems to help a lot. 2 days of learning but that first print sure made it all worth it.

2. CAMBO3D

CAMBO3D New Member

fwiw i use a sheet of paper instead. which provides about .1mm of z space. between the bed and nozzle.

2 people like this.
  3. tesseract

tesseract Moderator
    Staff Member

In my opinion I would scrap the Blue tape try no heat and a sheet of regular plate glass with some hairspray had some vary similar problems and I wanted to get some prints under my belt before making the final push into the boro aluminum plate and such and with PLA this was like night and day and the cost is about $10 to get it all at least around here 10x10 single strength glass can of hairspray I got unscented aquanet spray let it dry No heat and the pla seems to stick real well and it pops right off when done.

To venture a guess since you seem to be having teh same issues I was my bed was bowed and when it looked like filament had stopped it was actually because the nozzle was too close to actually let filament out. When it was too low no filament when it opened up some the filament came out fine a t simple test is too raise the z axis and use the extrude function to extrude 50mm or so at high or regular speeds if you see filament coming out smoothly then double check the actual height of the nozzle at several points the glass helped with this immensely.

One of Cambo's mods is the z stop switch check that one out makes life a lot easier when fine tuning height issues like yours and mine simple to do.

Good luck

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.