1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unanswered Hex fan isn't working.

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by castmemberzack, Jul 21, 2016.

1. castmemberzack

I just ordered a new one, and it does the same thing. I pull on the black plastic tube that houses all the wires in a certain direction, it works. When I let go, it doesn't work. I know something must be loose, I just don't know where.

R1+. That... that should be all that's needed to be known for this issue lol

2. Ryan TeGantvoort

Ryan TeGantvoort Active Member

Definitely a connection issue. Check all connections to the fan and the connection at the RAMPS. Trace the wire all the way back and make sure it's not punctured or shorting somewhere. Not much I can help with here.

If you replaced the fan and it's still happening, then it's either the first set of connectors (at the Carriage) or somewhere between there and the RAMPS.

3. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

When you replaced the fan how did you hook it up? Did you use jst connectors or cut that connector out and hardwire?

4. castmemberzack

Jst connectors.

5. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Make sure the pins are fulky seated in the black housings. If you pull on them and they come out theb when you push the connectors togather the same thing happens