1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Hi from downstate NY

Discussion in 'United States of America' started by Richard Kleinhenz, May 8, 2016.

1. Richard Kleinhenz

Richard Kleinhenz New Member

Hello,
    thought I'd introduce myself as I am jumping into this!

I've been thinking about getting a 3D printer on and off for a while. Last Friday Friday Bestbuy had a sale on the Robo 3D R1 Plus, $180 off, so I decided to wait no more and to go for it. It'll be a bit over a week before it arrives. I'm very excited! It's for personal use, I'm intrigued by the technology. I'll be printing some designs off Thingiverse, and eventually also make some of my own I'm sure, though I am not quite sure how. I have a solid modeling program, Rhino, but have not looked into what it takes to get output into the proper format. Anyway, I have a week to get ready, do some studying, If anyone could steer me towards some getting started materials, tutorials etc., or have general advice on getting started I'd really appreciate that.

2. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Hi there welcome ! To be honest i just jumped in and started going lol. Check out printed solids post for most useful things for 3d printing. Its a sticky thread on our forum. That should prepare you better than most things. Whike your at it bookmark his webpage

Www.printedsolid.com

Seller of 3d printing goodies and a member of our community here