1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved Homing G28 acting goofy

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by FlyMario, Jul 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FlyMario

FlyMario Member

Hopefully the forum will not ban me for posting a link.

I am having a problem getting the printer to home and to auto level. My prints are coming out terrible now. Nothing I do helps at all.

https://secure.twitch.tv/flymario/v/76785747

Attached is the link to a twitch.tv video I did of me doing g28 over and over. It seems it does not like to find Y properly. Maybe one of you can notice a problem. I hope.

Thanks!

2. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

The y is an endstop switch under the bed. Its triggering prematurely. Iift the glass bed (held on by magnets) and see if something is under there or a wire fell of. Take some pictures.

FlyMario and mark tomlinson like this.
  3. FlyMario

FlyMario Member

Well, there was nothing remarkable to report considering physical contact triggering the limit switch. The connectors were solid however simply checking the wires has made things seem reliable. I cant get G28 or G29 to fail. This can only mean I need to take thing the printer apart and look at the connections to the Y limit switch.

It is interesting that backing of the Z offset to -.8mm from -1mm seems to make the printer stick to the glass better. Really happy to have this added tool at my disposal.

As always, I am Robo3D's biggest Fan.

Thanks for your geidance Geoff

4. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Happy to help. If everything looked normal then id agree remove the bottom cover (careful the fan wires are rediculously short) and reseat the connector on the ramps board.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.