1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

How can I set my R2 to a static IP?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Leslie, Jul 31, 2017.

1. Kilrah

Kilrah Well-Known Member

Except that requires a printer that actually connects to a machine, i.e. not the R2. Kinda stupid to have the R2's Pi and Octprint server running, and also needing a 2nd machine to run just to share a browser window to it.

#21 Kilrah, Aug 2, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2017
  2. daniel871

daniel871 Well-Known Member

Oh, ok. Good luck.

3. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

No, you can then upload it to OctoPrint from your desktop...

I have the exact same setup on my R1/R1+/Delta machines as I do my C2 and this works flawlessly :)

When I said "attached to the printer" what I meant was "via the network/LAN"

All of my machines use OctoPrint and I have not directly connected a PC to them in a long time

4. Kilrah

Kilrah Well-Known Member

Not getting the point.

For me one of the advantages of having an Octoprint server in the printer is not needing to leave another machine running when I'm away. I don't have any PC running when I'm out. I simply VPN in and load the Octoprint server by IP to check the status - or even better use an android app like OctoDroid. Works perfect.

mark tomlinson likes this.
  5. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

I imagine you can get something similar that works directly on the Raspberry Pi (but I am not a linux guru so...)

Also this requires no specific VPN setup and will be easier for less experienced folks to use.

Geof likes this.
  6. Leslie

Leslie New Member

thank all for the responses. I already use teamviewer for other purposes that lets me share with a computer on my network that has access to the printer. Though I'm curious about the chrome idea.

thanks all!!