1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved How do I replace a damage extruder Thermistor?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by WizarDru, Sep 28, 2016.

1. WizarDru

WizarDru Member

My thermistor cable was damaged and tech support has sent me a new one, but no instructions on how to install it. Googling it hasn't gotten me any details.

I see it has a metal tube at the end that is clearly meant to be inserted where the current small metal tube connected...but the tube doesn't come out. I've tried pulling it out using pliers, but I'm afraid of ripping it apart and getting it stuck. I can't heat the end since the thermistor isn't powered if that's how I'm to remove it.

What do I do?

2. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Hi dru can you share a photo of what your trying to do and what model printer you have

3. WizarDru

WizarDru Member

It's the R1+. Never mind, though. Thanks to this video: I figured it out. Most videos/guides assume you know this, I guess. I found the two screws on the heater block that need to be loosened to remove the core. Just removed and replaced it and I'm getting a temp reading. Going to test it now.

Thanks for the quick reply!

Geof likes this.
  4. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Glad to hear you got it figured out and thank you for adding the video so others can see as well

5. WizarDru

WizarDru Member

No worries. I wanted to make sure something was there so if someone else has the problem and googles it, at least they can reference that post. :)

Geof likes this.