1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved How to reflash...

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by mindphunk, Dec 11, 2019.

1. mindphunk

mindphunk New Member

Ive been advised to reflash my r1+ due to all the problems ive been having. Having never reflashed anything but a 2012 honda grom, is there a step by step list of instructions on how to do this without screwing the machine up even further?

2. mindphunk

mindphunk New Member

Solved?

3. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

If you found the FAQ then you probably found the answer :)
    If not, make sure you know which printer model you actually have (i.e. the beta/R1/R1+ look a lot a like)

4. mindphunk

mindphunk New Member

I definitely have the r1+. I had downloaded the faq off of google some time ago, but even then it said it was outdated.

Is there a particular thread you can point me to that can help me?

5. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

6. mindphunk

mindphunk New Member

Well, it worked... for about 30 seconds. My current problem is that the bed is not heating and Jonah at Partsbuilt said robo suggested a reflash. The bed is fairly new, a recent purchase because I splintered the old one. I'm guessing its the RAMPS after all I've read on the forum so far. So the wires have been checked, its been reflashed, I've tried heating the bed with both Cura and Matter Control, and there doesnt seem to be any scorch marks on the board.

7. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

I agree it sounds like the RAMPS is suspect. What you can do is just run 12v power from the PS to the bed and see if it heats. I would not leave it that way for an extended period, but enough to test that it is in fact working.
    (the bed in reality is heated by a PWM signal from the RAMPS for fine control, but if you give it 12v it will simply heat full tilt)

If it misbehaves directly connected then it is the bed or the power supply.

Plus side for the RAMPS failure is that they are at least cheap.

8. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

I’d pull the bottom cover and your see the ramps board. Mind the fan- stupidly short wires. And inspect the green molex connector the bed wires go to. It’s probably charred