1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Imperial units

Discussion in 'Software' started by 330SC, Jan 23, 2014.

1. 330SC

330SC Member

I have been programming and operating CNC machines for 20 years and since I live in the US I have always used imperial units of measure. I noticed the ROBO version of Repetier does not offer the option to change units in the config like the base Repetier host. Do I have any other options for software to run the printer? or maybe run the non Repetier software. Any drawbacks to doing so? thanks

2. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Time to learn to use metric :) It's better anyways. Quick tell me what 5/64 is to 6 decimals!

3. 330SC

330SC Member

It may be slightly better but if I can avoid having to go through additional thought step it would be more convenient . I realize we are migrating towards metric as a world wide standardized unit of measure but when you use one or the other for so long it becomes engrained.
    If I wanted to use the "standard" version of Repetier I am guessing I would have to install the "standard" firmware???

4. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

You could also just leave it metric and scale models up 25.4

5. 330SC

330SC Member

Yep, that's another option. The RoBo FAQ page says it will run on other software. Probably run on standard Repetier so that's what I will do. Since it will be atleast a couple months till I get mine :( I will have plenty of time to sort it out