1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Input method/connection?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by AutopsyTurvy, Mar 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AutopsyTurvy

AutopsyTurvy Active Member

How do you get the files from your PC to the printer itself? I know there's various softwares, but are we talking USB connection, or possibly wireless, or input via memory card, or what? Need to know whether I need to make any changes to my current setup to get my printer going, with limited space available.

2. Seshan

Seshan Active Member

The RoBo will use USB, (unless there is something we don't know about ;) )but you can buy add ons like the Viki http://www.panucatt.com/product_p/vikilcd.htm
    that will give you more control and allow you to print from a SD card.

3. JDM_

JDM_ New Member

I ordered a Viki LCD with SD card reader so I didn't have to leave my laptop hooked up to it while its printing.

4. tesseract

tesseract Moderator
    Staff Member

OK assuming I know absolutely nothing about VIKI LCD with SD card reader. Which is the truth!!! What do I need to hook something like this up. I know little about the arduino as well if that is part. Assume I know that I had lunch today and that is about all but it was a good lunch...I also am ready and willing to learn everything. If you want to reply in a message that is fine but others may want to know the details as well. You never know....

5. JDM_

JDM_ New Member

I don't think it will be very complicated to install and I'm sure it will come with instructions. I'm thinking you probably plug it into the Arduino board and it will either automatically work or you may have to install some firmware. I can't imagine it being to complicated.

There is a forum section here for installing viki LCD and we will help you out if you need it.

6. tesseract

tesseract Moderator
    Staff Member

Was just about to go there...Thanks

7. JDM_

JDM_ New Member

Probably not much info there yet because nobody has received their Viki or RoBo. Ones we get them in and install them we will post assistance in the forum.

8. tesseract

tesseract Moderator
    Staff Member

If I order one should I simply go for the base $75 or do I also need the MCU upgrade for $10.00

9. JDM_

JDM_ New Member

I was told the $75 base is compatible with RoBo. That is the one I ordered.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.