1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

iPhone 5S case (supposedly)

Discussion in 'Show and Tell' started by OutsourcedGuru, Jun 15, 2017.

1. OutsourcedGuru

OutsourcedGuru Active Member

Printed this last night. Cura 2.3.1--sliced (with tweaks in the C2's print volume to suggest that the bed is 10mm bigger) on Ultra-High Quality with rafts/supports. My wag-the-dog approach to tweaking the profile print volume appear to be confusing the right side of the project's boundary. Perhaps there's a limiting switch in the C2 I need to move to allow maybe 3mm more right-side movement. (Note that the right edge of the phone case coincides with the right edge of the raft it's sitting on. This tends to pile up too much plastic and make removal troublesome.) So I'll dial back the print volume tweaking for a while and see how that goes.

Test-fiting it for an iPhone 5S, I see that the part is too short. I'm thinking that Cura "helped" me by trying to auto-scale it to fit, perhaps. The next time, then, I'll just rotate the part by 45ยบ or something, I suppose.

What's awesome is that I perfectly timed a filament change during this job when the raft was laid down (my first). I was happy that I managed to do this without losing the part in the process.

Given that I can't technically use the part other than for show, I'll use this for some post-processing tests, of course.
    IMG_0108.jpg IMG_0109.jpg IMG_0111.jpg IMG_0112.jpg