1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Issues with my R2 that I have observed

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by pclabtech, May 31, 2017.

1. Talanvor

Talanvor Member

For the webcam - go to the system button in the top right hand side of octopi and click "Start video stream" found that one out the hard way myself.

2. Talanvor

Talanvor Member

The only other thing i can think of is in the fine tune, i went through several levels and it looked like it started sticking with the -7.5ish setting but i was waiting till i got a little of the "smooshed" look and backed it off. once i did that everything print wise fell into line.

3. Jason Kish

Jason Kish New Member

So the last fine tune seems to have worked. But now I can't get through a few layers without the filament saying it has run out. Any suggestions?

4. Ed Ferguson

Ed Ferguson Active Member

Jason - You should be able to disable the filament sensor. This link is to an online support manual for the C2. Our R2's should work the same. Look under Troubleshooting > Filament Runout Sensor Error
    http://support-site.readthedocs.io/en/latest/Troubleshooting/index.html

5. Jason Kish

Jason Kish New Member

Thanks for the help everyone. I was able to get the calibration cube printed and I think I have a good start towards more elaborate prints. Hope others can see the info here and not get stuck where I did.
    For the filament runout issue, I tried both sides originally, but ended up just sticking a cut piece of filament into the unused side and it has worked since. I will look into disabling the sensor as well.

6. Talanvor

Talanvor Member

ahh - on the run-out it wants you to run your filament through the right hand side, if you put it in the left it doesn't detect it correctly, i think because that is meant for the second print head when it comes out? i kinda experienced the same problem when first setting it up not paying attention to the picture.

7. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

On the LCD
    Utilities->Options->EEPROM->Home Offsets
    Z offset is there and can be manually adjusted...

8. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Make minor tweaks at a time and retest afterwards.

Geof likes this.