1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Issues with my robo3d

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by Brad, Aug 8, 2013.

1. Brad

Brad New Member

I have been trying to print with this printer and getting very strange results. I found that the left side slide seems to have only one "bearing" in it so the platform has a bit of a bend in it and the underside rail hits a small protrusion in the rail at times hitting hard enough to stop the printer or make the job fail in some way. Then tonight after working out I could work around this issue by placing the model in one corner about an hour into printing the slide bearing that carries the print head from left to right had both bearings on one side come out tilting the print head. I can't see how they are supposed to be kept in place either. It would also be no small task to send it to you guys as I am in Malaysia. Help please.

2. Harry

Harry Team ROBO 3D
    Staff Member

Hey Brad, I pointed this thread out to a team member and will get you more info shortly.

3. Coby Robo 3D

Coby Robo 3D Administrator
    Staff Member

Hey Brad could you send me some pictures of what is going on with your printer?

4. Brad

Brad New Member

I tried jamming some waste filament ( I have heaps) in with the bearing one side has stayed but I am not confident it will stay as the other side has already popped out again and messed up the model I was printing.

Attached Files:

5. Brad

Brad New Member

I have also taken that protrusion in the track out with my dremel so that isn't interrupting it anymore.

6. Brad

Brad New Member

Hello?

7. Coby Robo 3D

Coby Robo 3D Administrator
    Staff Member

Hey Brad, I took a look at your picture and I think this is an easy fix. Sorry for the bad component, but I think it is easiest to go get some teflon tape off of ebay and wrap the bearing a couple times, then press fit it back into the plastic part. I did a quick ebay search , but you can find this stuff in any local hardware store for cheap. Hope this helps!

8. Brad

Brad New Member

is there a revised part you could send me to replace this faulty one? It keeps working it's way back out even with tape, makes a screeching sound for a while then I push the bearing back into place (the front one usually) hasn't screwed up the print job again yet thankfully.

9. Harry

Harry Team ROBO 3D
    Staff Member

Hey Brad, I am going to point this out to them, once again, and get you some help and hopefully a new part.

10. Harry

Harry Team ROBO 3D
    Staff Member

Hey Brad,

I can just send you a new carriage if you would like. And one more bearing. I think that should help. Let me know or if none of the bearings can come out, Ill just send you a whole new piece with all the bearings