1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved JAM, filament stuck past heatsink

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Marcos Zuccaro, Jun 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

You mean it just keeps turning?
    Because if that it where it tightens up -- that is fine. It just needs to be tight to the heat break inside that heater block... it does NOT have to be flush up to the heaterblock...

2. Marcos Zuccaro

Marcos Zuccaro New Member

oh okey, i was worried about that gap... i couldnt make it even... the rest looks great... i dont know if i have to tighten it up a little bit more so it can reach the heater block

mark tomlinson likes this.
  3. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

Nope, the nozzle does not have to be flush to the heater block, as long as it is tight against the heat break inside of the heater block you are good.

4. Marcos Zuccaro

Great bro im assemblying it and give it a try... brb ! thx again ! the beer i owe you just turned into a whiskey ! ^^

5. Marcos Zuccaro

firs problem as soon as trying to put it in ... i tried to set the latch back into position but its looks like the hot end its too big to let the latch pass through... did it changed it size ? or that gap its making it longer ? i swear im trying my best !

6. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

The gap you added below the heater block is the same as what you removed from the top... The heat break is fully engaged and the nozzle sticks out a little further so the net change is zero. Sounds like you may not have it seated correctly in the quick release plate

7. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

Take a picture and post it so we can see if you can't figure it out.

8. Marcos Zuccaro

i done it , but now i have the message : "Error reported : Extruder switched off. MAXTEMP triggered!" when i start it ... every connection its right and i cant move the motors in any movement, it does makes homming propperly. Maybe i screw up the thermistor? there is a way to release the Z so i can move it up to release the hotend again or should i rotate the threaded rods ? so close !

9. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

Just turn the rods. Maxtemp means you have a thermistor problem. If it read zero you would have another☺

One means the thermistor is shorted and the other means it reads open circuit.

10. Marcos Zuccaro

When i start up i get the message of maxtemp. Then MC says its 0º / 0º and if i move the thermistor cable a little bit the temperature reading jumps randomly from 21 degree to 260 with the hot end off. Maybe i didnt put the thermistor as deep as i should? or maybe i just simply broke it. The cables are all like they was when i began all this journey.... ithink!

11. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

That is a loose thermistor for sure. Try getting it better seated in there.

Geof likes this.
  12. Marcos Zuccaro

Tried a lot in differents positions and tightenings, same error message. The first picture its a really bad one but i can tell that both thermistors wires have a silicone cover and the right one has the cable more exposed i dont know if it got that white paste away in all the juggling. The rest seem pretty the same unnamed (2).jpg unnamed (3).jpg

13. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

Looks fine. Probably a defective thermistor then.

14. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Are you sure the set screw is snug that holds the Thermistor ? Is the connector (black) plugged in tight ?

15. Marcos Zuccaro

This is all yours guys ! thanks a lot for everything ! the time, the patience !! everything!
    Just thanks! after a few small parts now im printing 4 hours to check its behaviour ! so far so good!
    Should i leave the post in case anyone have to struggle with the same problem or should i deleted it because it has been talked in other threads ?
    unnamed.jpg
    PD: Dust added with Photoshop :D

mark tomlinson likes this.
  16. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

Leave it.
    Glad it is working

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.