1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Just got a Robo 3D R1 from Fry's

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Judd Sandage, Feb 13, 2015.

1. Judd Sandage

Judd Sandage New Member

the only one, or last one... cant tell for sure... but I have it, printed using the blue PLA it includes, after about 10 failed attempts at printing the test square from the software it finally got a mostly clean print, so I tried a few others.. all for crap. then I tried some ABS that I picked up at the same time, even worse... then I tried Cura... oh man is there a night and day difference.

though now I have a question, how the hell do I use the built in SD card slot on the printer to start a print and disconnect my PC? I bought a 16gb one at Fry's and I dumped a .gcode and a .stl on it.. still cant find anyway to print from that at least in Cura.. haven't tried to use mattercontrol.

also how do I get Cura to pop the bed out the front at the end of the print, it keeps sticking it out the back.

also, I have printed out the roll holders for the top, working on a wire loom holder for the print head... any other suggestions?

2. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Cura doesn't have SD options. You'd need to use Repetier or MatterControl

I don't suggest the top roll holders. The spool can fall off and break the glass

3. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Well, I don't use Cura or MatterControl but with Simplify3D you connect, start the print from the SD Card (DO NOT DO ANYTHING ELSE OTHER THAN CONNECT AND START PRINT) and you can disconnect... it will keep on printing.
    If you do ANYTHING else then it will pass control to the program (Simplify in my case) and disconnecting will kill the print.