1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Just tried the Variable slicing Slic3r Prusa version.

Discussion in 'Software' started by WheresWaldo, Mar 15, 2017.

1. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

And I have it working on the R1 with PLA only at normal settings 0.2 mm layer heights.

The attached file is by no means optimized and only represents about 5 minutes of work total as well as only doing a single test print. There are issues that some simple adjustments should resolve
    1. extrusion overlap
    2. first layer width
    3. speed
    4. among others
    The variable slicing on the R1+PLUS or the C2 for that matter may result in odd errors in printed height, since 1 step on the Z axis of those printers is 0.02 mm and the variations are in 0.01 mm increments. Your mileage may vary.

Attached Files:

Geof likes this.
  2. WheresWaldo

Staff Member

By the way, since I use MESH leveling there is no M565 or M851 in the startup gcode for this configuration.

Please ignore any filament choices other than R1 PLA. The others are defaults and the R1 PETG is just wrong and incomplete.

To install this version of Slic3r you have to download the latest drivers for the Prusa i3 Mark 2 from here: http://www.prusa3d.com/drivers/ You don't need everything in that driver package just the Slic3r install.

#2 WheresWaldo, Mar 15, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2017
    Geof likes this.
  3. WheresWaldo

Staff Member

[​IMG]Not sure this is visible but it was the very first print and layers ranged from 0.2 mm to as small as 0.07 mm. It definitely feels smoother around the inside edge of that curve.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Geof likes this.