1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Kickstarter - CT scans of animal skeletons

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Printed Solid, Nov 2, 2013.

1. Printed Solid

Printed Solid Volunteer Admin
    Staff Member

2. Das Wookie

Das Wookie Active Member

I took some of my medical scans and tried to convert them to a 3D model... I get it's a steep learning curve to figure out how to do it... but I'm hopeful one day I'll be able to figure out how to do it all so I can get a 3D print of what my (seriously fucked up) spine looks like... I've got totally buggered vertebra from L3 to S1. :( Would make it much easier to show what my spine looks like in 3D to some folks tho, not to mention, pretty cool to have just sitting on the office shelf. Heh.

3. Printed Solid

Printed Solid Volunteer Admin
    Staff Member

There's so many joke in there. I'm going to go with...
    At least nobody would be able to call you spineless!

You should message him. He's an ER surgeon so I'm pretty sure he's doing the KS for love of the art rather than money. I bet he'll be glad to share his work flow with you.

4. Das Wookie

Das Wookie Active Member

There's an application that does it... I just don't know how to use it yet. I got to the point of selecting the bone in the scan (that part was easy) but when I went to render it into a model it actually CRASHED my linux server... black screen, no responce, XWindows died and failed to even respond to PING. Lesson learned, next time do it on the Wifeys laptop running Win7!!!!