Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Show and Tell' started by KTMDirtFace, May 19, 2015.
is it me or the robo boat looks mutch better ?. I really like your setup man keep up the good job
The robo boat is way better.
I think its an ABS vs PETG thing though more than the printers.
Printed this honeycomb thing out I found on thingiverse. in PETG black.. scaled it up to 125% Was tired of my USB cables scattered everywhere. 18 HOURS! http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:961176
Next print is a halo helmet I found on thingiverse
Never done anything this massive before... but the robo should be up to it!
Kinda strange that im not printing things I conjured up this time..
Couple prints for my 4 year old nephew for christmas.
White Storm trooper is ABS, black Vader is ESUN PETG.
And a Robbie the robot. in ABS.
Are you still using the zebra plates? So just clip it on the the Robo stock bed & thats it right?
I just recently took it off. It was starting to develop bubbles/inconsistencies in it to where I couldn't print anything without using a raft because of high spots. I contacted Wayne and he told me to heat it up and roll it back flat with a rolling pin. But I haven't tried that.
Yes it just clips on with small office clips ( you have to remove the handles from the clips after you clip it on )
I have buildTak on my robo3d again for now instead.
I have a really hard time getting PETG to stick to the glass/gluestick. So i use buildtak or the zebra plate.
^^& that is after how many hours of usage?
Not a terribly long time... not sure exact hours but it was going all night for a week straight printing this. http://community.robo3d.com/index.php?threads/halo-helmet.7069/
I didn't notice the bubbles/high spots during that week, because i printed it all with a raft.
I sanded some of the high spots out with sandpaper, but still couldn't get a uniform base layer..it would normally just stick in the low spots and drag the print head in the high spots..and not extrude, started to get annoyed so im running buildTak again ( which sticks WAY WAY WAY too good ).
I finally printed a LCD controller case.
In Yellow Esun PETG.
Other random stuff,
Holders for my TV remotes in my computer/printer room
Controller and headphone mounts ( lol green walls are going to be painted so I have guide lines drawn on the walls lol )
Printed this out today in JustPLA red from amazon. 15% infill and a raft. Works perfectly! no supports, one print.. crazy thing! the only thing hanging it up was the raft..once i got all the raft bits out it worked flawlessly.
Just noticed the other night while working on my robo3d.. if you use that LCD screen that I pritned in Yellow PETG... if you take the raised feet off the robo and forget, the screen will get stressed and break the printed case, because it hits the table well before the robo it wont work without feet. I might have to reprint the LCD case.
I have a couple new build surface's to try they are not here yet though.
One, is I saw this video he has been trying Laptop screen protectors with good results...so I ordered a random one from amazon. Not that I have ever had any glass chipping problem ever before though on any of my printers..but figured I would try it.
The next is Wayne at PrintinZ.com is working on "Zebra Skins", essentially his zebra plate but on a stick on skin. He is still working on the adhesive part of it, what he has been using now he said is impossible to remove so he is trying more adhesives. Anyway I have a prototype coming soon I will post my results. He told me to put blue tape/masking tape down on my bed first and then stick it down so that I'm able to get it off later...for now.
I'll post results when I get them
Yeah I have one of wayne's pre-Zebra plate stick on things.
The adhesive on it isn't great. doesn't adhere super well and would bubble up at places. I hope he can figter way of adhering it
I should have wayne's new Zebra stick on prototype thing tomorrow I forget what he called it.
The laptop screen protector I bought on amazon was too narrow so I ordered another one.. but its basically PEI material.
i'm still messing around with getting a perfect X-Carriage. for my new brass self alinging bearings that waldo posted..so my robo is in parts.
Originally i had been using this carriage with the wire chain..its hard to print lots of supports and there was nothing but the STL files so tying to cut the wire chain carriage off it and put it on mike kelly's carriage file was annoying. http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:696183
I found this on thingiverse, and printed it out in ESUN Petg yellow and magenta..ignore the glue blobs I only had gorrilla glue on hand that expands ... anyway no w I can print the carriage and adjust it without a million supports.
Hopefully I get my Robo back do doing sweet prints soon.
New carriage, new X and Y bearings. New wire chain mount.
Working great, lol my harbor freight screwdriver grenaded itself last night so i couldn''t screw the wire chain mount on.. Orange duct tape!
Having an issue with NoviceExpert's cooling fan duct, for some reason after all my changes it sits up too high and blows air onto the heaterblock, and I get temp fall problems. Unplugged it for now might need to modify his fan duct.
Also after the new bearings, i was getting a weird vibration/nose in this video.
Noise/vibes went away after about 2 prints and its running smoother than ever now.
Oh yea my nephew takes the 100% infill ABS storm trooper I made him for Christmas everywhere, and its still alive. The PETG vador has lost his legs and arms and head multiple times and been glued back on. LOL.. though I didn't do 100% infill on the petg vader.