1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unresolved Layer shifting, fan problem

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by grant, Apr 13, 2018.

1. grant

grant New Member

Hey guys,

I recently tackled the switch from the r1+ ramps board to the reprap 1.4 board so I could do the ir sensor mod. I switched everything over and I'm having a few problems now. Thanks to Danzca6 for helping me out a lot though!

Issue one is when I started my first print it got about 3/4 of the way done and I came back to a shifted print. So I restarted it and now it can't even get the first layer done and it shifts badly.

Issue two is the parts cooling fan, when I turn the heated bed on the fan comes on. Once it reaches the bed temp the fan shuts off? Now when the bed temp fluctuates 1 or 2 degrees it turns the fan back on until it evens out again.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks

Attached Files:

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

The layer shifting can only be loose belts, drive cogs, or the steppers skipping (a lot) of steps.
    The latter one you need to tune the stepper drivers to solve. Make sure there is nothing lose mechanically and then look here:

3. grant

grant New Member

I think it may be the driver skipping, I checked the drive cogs they are not loose. The set screws are tight. I adjusted the driver's before, it worked perfectly before I switched to the reprap board. Is there a good number to start with on the drivers? I followed the other thread on here to adjust them to that spec.

The belt tension I'm not too sure how to figure out if it's good or not, I have the Yogi titan extruder mount.