1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Answered Layer View in Mattercontrol has odd symbol?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by annieebanana, Dec 10, 2017.

1. annieebanana

annieebanana New Member

Hi again friends,

I am preparing a print but when viewing in layer view, I see this odd symbol that is like a little red circle or stop sign?? There are multiple, i've included pictures of the big one and one small one, there are a few small ones, but its the big one that caught my eye...It is not part of the print, I am interpreting it as a sign to tell me there is something wrong on that layer in that area...but I have never seen it before, does anyone know what it is?

Thanks!! Screen Shot 2017-12-10 at 5.44.40 PM.png Screen Shot 2017-12-10 at 5.44.25 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-12-10 at 5.57.29 PM.png

2. annieebanana

annieebanana New Member

Also, it seems like this file is skipping some layers in the perimeter...like every so often there will be 3 layers of support material where the perimeter should be solid. Here's an example where the green lines are support material but you can see the solid perimeter below them and it starts again in a few layers. Is this the result of settings or more likely an issue in my mesh? Thanks!!!

Attached Files:

3. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Hi @annieebanana Is this your model? have you printed it before? There are a few things that could be happening.

1.repair the model. I use netfabb or the azure online repair tool.

2. Matter Control being silly.

if possible upload your .stl and I'll take a peek at it.

mark tomlinson likes this.
  4. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

If you decide to research more into MatterControl, their forums are over here:

https://forums.matterhackers.com/category/20/mattercontrol

Personally if I thought I was hitting a limitation or issue in MC -- I would try another slicer. There are other options (even other free options).