1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Led holder

Discussion in 'Mods and Upgrades' started by keraynopoylos, Nov 2, 2013.

1. keraynopoylos

keraynopoylos New Member

Glad you like it!

Nice pic btw. If you get the time upload it on the "makes" on thingiverse.

2. Das Wookie

Das Wookie Active Member

Already did so... :) Wanted to see credit go to where it was deserved and also let folks see just how well it can work. :)

3. keraynopoylos

keraynopoylos New Member

Wasn't much of a job. Just an opportunity to learn to use sketchup really...

Glad it is of use though.

Spool holder to come next.

btw does the belt tensioner work well..?

I guess it must be printed using ABS and not PLA as has to be a bit flexible, right?

4. Das Wookie

Das Wookie Active Member

It's working out really well. It's PLA. Haven't tried ABS yet tho I have 4 spools of it waiting and ready.

Did the spoolholder that came with your kit have an endcap to hold the spool on? I'm using a piece of tupperware I poked a hole in and am using the provided screw, but seems like there was a bit missing there... or perhaps they gave us the opportunity to make a part to fix it ourselves. :) LOL

5. keraynopoylos

keraynopoylos New Member

No it didn't.

Spool fell out once while left to print overnight about a month ago, so the filament got separated in the extruder. Managed to remove with pliers thankfully.

So made one that mounts on top of the case(even though the case is not on the printer but sits next to it).

6. Das Wookie

Das Wookie Active Member

That's what I figured but wanted to check and be sure. I designed one in solidworks, but have yet to print it (at least, successfully)... I've been working my way through the 4 generic nema23 axis prints. 16 total parts, and I've got 5 left! Two of those are 5 hour prints. The others are quick 1.5 hours each. So with any luck, I'll be finished late tonight or tomorrow afternoon so long as the prints keep succeeding. I've managed to go through 1kg of filament so far and am on my second spool now. More than half of that first spool was nothing but frustration and expletives. LOL I got some good parts printed tho, and have learned a lot over this last week of printing.

I'm looking forward to having these NEMA axis all printed off finally so I can get the CNC Foamcutter actually up and running. It's all just so I can build linear actuators for three other CNC projects: a 2x4 4 axis router for a gunsmith buddy of mine, a 3x4 router for me, and a 5x10 router and plasma cutter for me and the wife... She's got LOTS of metal art projects in mind once that CNC Plasma cutter is up and running!

7. tesseract

tesseract Moderator
    Staff Member

One of the first things I did on my printer was to add a small bus board to the bottom so I could easily add things in teh future without haveing to try and get access to the power points on teh PSU. I got mine before they tidied up the wire so had to do a rewire job anyway.