1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Legos for re-use?

Discussion in 'Printing Filament' started by 1d1, May 25, 2013.

1. 1d1

1d1 Active Member

Just looking at my son's leftover Lego stash - could they be recycled for RoBo?

2. Printed Solid

Printed Solid Volunteer Admin
    Staff Member

I believe that legos sell for quite a bit more for pound on ebay than ABS resin (or even extruded filament) costs.

errr, I meant to say, sure send me your legos and I'll grind them up into filament for you :D

3. 1d1

1d1 Active Member

Admit it, Matt, you are already thinking about what to have your in-laws buy for your lucky daughter who will one day be able to boast the largest array of recyclable plastic toys ever amassed by one child... oh, wait. No, she would have that if only Dad hadn't been secretly grinding them up late at night in "off-limits" workshop. ;)

3 people like this.
  4. Printed Solid

Printed Solid Volunteer Admin
    Staff Member

I actually do let my daughter into my workshop with close supervision. Its pretty cool to watch a 3 year old follow safety rules. 'That's the machine that can cut me and that's the machine that can burn me." She takes all of my old calibration cubes into the house and plays factory with her little friends. I think its a nice break from playing princesses.

2 people like this.