1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved Leveling, goes to right and grinds

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by RokleM, Apr 18, 2016.

1. RokleM

RokleM Member

All, I've done some searching and not really finding answers. The printer was working fine, and all the sudden fails to function. Basically the print head will no longer go left at all. If I start an auto level, it goes to the right and grinds. I've traced cables, everything seems plugged in, nothing is frayed, and I'm printing out something I've printed many times before. I'm at a loss. Thoughts?

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

I don't know your right from my left. A picture is worth a lot :)

I assume it homes? Then fails during leveling? If it is 'grinding' when homing then something is mechanically blocking the travel or the HOME switch for one of the axis (X/Y) is bad or not getting tripped.

If it homes OK but is grinding while moving to autolevel then it is not the switch but something is blocking travel. Lift the bed and make sure everything is clear and nothing entangled.

3. RokleM

RokleM Member

Found it finally! On probably my 4th check through, I found one of the left wires was literally hanging on by a thread. It must have not been enough to carry the voltage required. A quick re-solder and it's running!

mark tomlinson likes this.
  4. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Those darn wires :)

Good catch!