1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Lube?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by GAmbrosio, Mar 4, 2016.

1. GAmbrosio

GAmbrosio Active Member

Printer is now getting a little noisy. Can someone please advise as to where the lube points are?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. danzca6

danzca6 Well-Known Member

Get some 3 in 1 oil, and an old rag. I get some oil on the rag and rub down the smooth rods on all axis. I also will put a few drops on the top of both lead screw holes in the x carriage ends and move the Z up then down to work it in. Some use white lithium on the lead screw. That's all I do as far as lube. The machine is not quiet by any stretch. There are things you can do to mod it and get it better though. But this will do for maintenance.

Oh, and make sure your screws and bolts are tight. They sometimes lead to noise as well as print quality issues. Some use lock tight on them to keep the vibration from getting them loose. Just choose wisely on either blue or red depending on how much work you want to do to get them off again.

#2 danzca6, Mar 4, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2016
    GAmbrosio likes this.
  3. GAmbrosio

GAmbrosio Active Member

Can I use silicon spray? I got some slip2000 lube that I use for my firearms- works amazing on the bolt carriage...would that work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

You can use whatever you want.
    For the X axis rods and Y axis rods that get more rapid movement a light oil is fine.
    For the threaded rods a light grease (like lithium lube).

Frankly though it is not something that is really specific.