1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Maintenance question

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by supercazzola, Aug 6, 2017.

1. supercazzola

supercazzola Active Member

The R2 maintenance guide http://docs.robo3d.com/en/latest/R2/maintenance/index.html points out the two types of linear rods and different type of lubrication required.

The z-axis lead screw is a no brainer.

Would someone please post a photo of the x and y brackets that they say need 3-in-1 oil?

Wonder why Robo just doesn't use more photos - they really are worth a 1000 words for new users who I thought this R2 was targeting.

2. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

the x and y would the bearing/bushing that rides on the x and y rails

Edit:basically lubricate all the smooth rods and work it into the bearing/bushings

3. Ed Ferguson

Ed Ferguson Active Member

supercazzola -

The 6mm diameter rods are for the extruder, which has ball bearings. Use grease on those 4 rods, as well as the Z axis lead screw.

The 8mm diameter rods slide into bushings, which are within the "brackets" i.e. the 4 black plastic assemblies that hold the belts & support the 6mm rods. So the 8mm rods use 3-in-1 oil.

Lubrication.jpg

#3 Ed Ferguson, Aug 6, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2017
  4. supercazzola

supercazzola Active Member

Thank you Ed. The guys at Robo should copy your photo for the online manual. Perfectly clear to me now.

Sparda and Geof like this.