1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unresolved Marlin 2.0 - Not detecting heat bed

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Mauricio Bremer, Sep 9, 2020.

1. Mauricio Bremer

Mauricio Bremer New Member

So I got an LCD controller and was trying to set it up for babystepping with marlin 2.0 on my R1+.

I uncommented all the "define babystepping" and "define PIDTEMPBED", everything compiled. But now my heatbed is unrecognizable by the controller or software (MatterControll for example).

The LCD is just not even showing the bed temp logo or anything and MatterControll just shows 0ºC. It was working fine before with the R1+ firmware.

Does anyone have a Marlin file with these mods I use? or any ideas on what to do?

#1 Mauricio Bremer, Sep 9, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2020
  2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

You need someone who has upgraded to Marlin 2.x to assist.

Good luck. In Marlin 1.x the

#define MOTHERBOARD BOARD_RAMPS_14_EFB

is what controls letting Marlin know all of the pins (including which pins have the heaters attached).

I have not looked at Marlin 2.x but I suspect it is the same -- you need to first configure it for the correct electronics in the machine so that it knows how to control it.

With Marlin 1.x all of that was done in CONFIGURATION.H -- I imagine something similar is still true for Marlin 2.x