1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Mattel thing maker.

Discussion in 'Show and Tell' started by jonnyb44, Feb 27, 2016.

1. jonnyb44

jonnyb44 Member

Figured I'd download it and see what it can do. These are pretty neat I think the kids will like um. [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Geof and mark tomlinson like this.
  2. jediknight0

jediknight0 Active Member

I've been playing with it too... I found the parts it produced to be lacking. They wouldn't slice right in Simplify3D (often leaving a blank layer in the middle somewhere). I had to run the models through netfabb sometimes up to 4 times till the models would slice right. In addition, I found the parts somewhat difficult to attach, often causing the sockets to split. It helped if I sanded each ball a bit before attaching the sockets.

In the end, I got some useful stuff.

I see no way a $300 printer will be able to print these models with any amount of success. I find it worrying that in all the toy shows, they had hundreds of pre-printed parts and the printer prototype but the printer was never actually functional.

FYI, I printed my models at .2mm resolution. The skeleton was much harder to get printed than the girl.

Attached Files:

3. jonnyb44

jonnyb44 Member

I haven't had any problems. I did notice that u need to print in whatever way they are layed out on the bed. I rotated a few parts I had to reprint them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. jediknight0

jediknight0 Active Member

What slicer are you using? I use Simplify3D.

5. jonnyb44

jonnyb44 Member

Cura Seems to work good for me.