1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unresolved Matter Control

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Kurt Kadow, Jul 25, 2016.

1. Kurt Kadow

Kurt Kadow New Member

Ok I have read all the threads about the plate and graphic do not mean that's your print area but when I print an object it prints to far up on the build plate ABS just warps up because the actual heating element is under the graphic on my R1 plus go figure huh. So how do I adjust the bed so it will print further down on the Y axis and not to far up where it doesn't even get the plate warm.

2. danzca6

danzca6 Well-Known Member

Do you have a pick of the part on the build plate where it was printed to see just how far off it is? Also, is the part centered in the slicer for the build area?

3. Kurt Kadow

Kurt Kadow New Member

Yes I can move it around however even after moving and saving it still prints to far up the build plate almost like the center is off.

Attached Files:

4. danzca6

danzca6 Well-Known Member

when you start a print it does a homing of x, y, and z. Where z touches the plate is where the printer thinks the middle of the print area is. You should then have about 5" forward and back from that point. Does that seem to be in the center of where it is printing this part? The heat pad is only like 8x8 and the build area is 10x9. So it won't all be on the heat pad if you have a large print.

5. Kurt Kadow

Kurt Kadow New Member

Yes but it seems to not be using about 2 inches of heated build area and is trying to print on the unheated area I'm just trying to move the print down so I can use those 2 inches and not have the abs warping up. But even when I move it down it still prints to the same area even though the Y axis travels that far. In the picture the Y axis travels to the edge of the R1 graphic and that's where its stays hot in the picture the Y axis travel about an inch further than the print and that area is cold to the touch. It really seems to only heat inside that graphic to the touch I do not have a temperature probe to test that.

6. Rigmarol

Rigmarol Well-Known Member

I don't remember what slicer you are using (too lazy to go back and see) But if you are using MC there is a checkbox that tells it to print at the center of your build bed. Unchecking it may help or checking it if it's not checked.

Also, a hack would be to print something small at one end to force the whole print job to relocate accordingly.