1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

MatterControl and Slic3er (and Cura)

Discussion in 'Software' started by Drmike, Feb 16, 2016.

1. Drmike

Drmike Member

I am attempting to compare the slicers in MatterControl, but Slic3er gives me an error when I try to look at layer view. It says "Slicing Error. Please review your slice settings" Since it worked with the MatterSlicer, I pretty much have the same settings. I've messed around with a lot of choices, but I have no clue where to look and what it does not like. Is there any way to get it tell me what it doesn't like?

2. Drmike

Drmike Member

I tried Slic3er on a different computer with a fresh download, and it just crashed. I think my object is too complex. So here's a question for anyone: is it possible to put the cura slicing engine into the mattercontrol printer controller? Looking at how the cura slicer cuts up my complex part, it seems a lot better in terms of how it will end up than what the matter slicer does. And it does not crash, so that's a good thing too.

If I have the G code for the basic shape, is it possible to import it into MatterControl? The temperature control monitoring is dynamic and not part of the motion control. I could take the cura G code output and run it under MatterControl for just this one shape. Is that possible?

3. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

matterhackers.com are the creators of MAtterControl and they have a forum. You can probably get a better answer straight from them.

4. Drmike

Drmike Member

Thanks! I've now asked there.

mark tomlinson likes this.
  5. Drmike

Drmike Member