1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

MatterControl nay Simplify 3d YEA!!!

Discussion in 'Software' started by FoxFly, Oct 19, 2015.

1. FoxFly

FoxFly New Member

Okay I am a very green 3D user. Got a R1+ with MatterControl. Sometimes my stuff printed sometimes I returned to partial jobs and a reset computer and sometimes it just wouldn't work! Always a machine reset would solve the problem for a print or two. Very frustrating! I bought Simplify3D two days ago. OMG! I still am clueless to a whole lot but things work so much smoother! I even printed from my SD Card no computer connected! SO cool! I love it! Hope the Honeymoon doesn't end too soon but this baby is just so full of new and neat stuff! Did I mention it was the best $149 spent? They offer a 2 week money back guarantee but I don't see that happening!!

2. Neil Phillips

Neil Phillips New Member

What profile, or settings did you use in S3D? I got my Robo R1+ yesterday, already have S3D. I printed the calibration ring with Matter control and the top and edges came out very rough. I'm wondering if S3D will take care of thus?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. janot928

janot928 Active Member

use the one called robo3d r1 autoleveling or something like that

#3 janot928, Oct 20, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2015
    Neil Phillips likes this.
  4. FoxFly

FoxFly New Member

Sonny's Robo3D posted his FFF file on the S3D thread, it's at the end of the thread. I used the default profile S3D came up with at install "Robo3d r1 autoleveling...worked good but the one Sonny's Robo3D posted is really good. Switching to S3D has made my printing fun again!

Neil Phillips and mark tomlinson like this.
  5. Roofus

Roofus New Member

I started using Simplify a few months ago and absolutely love it. Not only does it seem to work much better than MatterControl, it also has tons of settings that come in handy more than I thought. Definitely the best upgrade since buying the printer.

6. Neil Phillips

Neil Phillips New Member

I LOVE Simplify3D on my Robo3D R1 Plus. It is SO much better that what I found Matter Control to be for me.

7. John in MS

John in MS Active Member

Well I got to something to improve my printing experience or box this thing up, so I might try Simplyfy3d. I need to splice a large file. Netfabb pro would do it. Would Symplyify3d do that also?