1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

MatterControl Shuts Down itself when calculating

Discussion in 'Software' started by cnr141, Aug 8, 2014.

1. cnr141

cnr141 Member

MatterControl Shuts Down itself, sometimes my pc, when calculating ... most of the time it can not even calculate the library parts in it.

does anybody know anything about this?? I can not use my printer

2. Dbeal

Dbeal Active Member

Have you tried to change your slicer when calculating parts? It's default for Matter, but you have a drop down box and can change it to Slicer.

Slice Settings > Slice Engine > Drop down

Attached Files:

3. cnr141

cnr141 Member

slicer did the same... it makes it more often :((

4. Dbeal

Dbeal Active Member

Uninstall Matter control and try reinstalling see if same problems persist.

5. lemuba

lemuba Active Member

I used the latest version of Mattercontrol as beginner now a couple of days on my IMAC - slic3r, etc, crashes frequently at more complex jobs, etc., and I got mad of it. I purchased now Simplify3D which is real fun and cuts through the frozen butter like a hot knife:) I did not want to loose the fun in the beginning, so Simplify3D is a real good investment according to my opinion.

Br,

Matthias

6. Paul Yeh

Paul Yeh Active Member

Simplif3D costs $140.

There is a new slicer software CraftWare from CraftUnique. It's still in beta, but is free. Other users said it's quite promising. You can try to see if it helps or not.

7. Paul Yeh

Paul Yeh Active Member

I believe you have to export the gcode file from CraftWare. You can then either import it into MC or save it to SD card for printing.

8. lemuba

lemuba Active Member

And how much more is the Robo 3D? You bought a nice car, but saves money on the tires - this is not smart;-)

9. Paul Yeh

Paul Yeh Active Member

Oh, I bought Simplify3D also and I like it. :) That was before CraftWare came along.

I haven't tried CraftWare yet (had some issue with my printer and too busy to try Craftware yet), but some users from this forum had tried it and liked it. They believe that it has great potential to be one of the top slicers when they fix those bugs.

Not everyone is willing to spend $140 for a slicer. It doesn't hurt for them to try free slicers first. If that doesn't help, then they can consider spending the money for a better slicer.

10. lemuba

lemuba Active Member

I just saw - CraftWare is only available for Windows machines and not Apple OSX - so I prefer to stay on my OS X production machine and not the operating system which stressed me already tooooo many years in the past:)

Br,

Matthias

11. Paul Yeh

Paul Yeh Active Member

You're set with Simplify3D already. You don't really need any other slicer. :)

This company is very new and it looks like they have talented people running the company. I would not discount them so soon. How many 3D printer makers writes their own slicer? Not many.

Anyway, they are working on OSX and Unix versions of CraftWare. They "hope" to have them ready by the time they deliver their printers to their Indiegogo backers.

4 people like this.
  12. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Their support is really good as well.

13. Peter Krska

Peter Krska Active Member

I found that after Control crashes due to poor memory management in the software. The great thing about it that the software recovers once restarted.

The way I now use Matter Control successfully, is to start the program, load an object to print. I view it in the viewport to make sure it is centred and flat on the bed. I then close the program fully. I then restart MC and reconnect, and start the print. It works till it's finished. Once finished, I load my next print, close the program and restart to print.

It's an extra step but it prevents any unsuspecting crashes.

14. cnr141

cnr141 Member

after i made the settings of matter control as administrator ( start as admin) then now it's better. but as everyone lives the same , it crashes if the part is a little bit big or complex.. I tried craftware it's great but couldnt set the speeds.. it runs the machine so fast even if i set the printing speed as below.. i guess i ll plug a smart lcd controller and use craftware with it... coz without a lcd screen also craftware hooks me to mattercontrol to start the print...

anybody knows how to print from SD card without being connected to pc after we started the print on mattercontrol?

Attached Files: