1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Mattercontrol stalls when saving

Discussion in 'Software' started by cosber, Jun 22, 2014.

1. cosber

cosber Active Member

Got the new y axis upgrade and auto bed leveler installed. Ran Mattercontrol and printed the test cube which was loaded default in the queue and was pleasantly surprised at how well it turned out. After that everything I load just freezes at "Saving intermediate file". After trying 3 files that load fine using Repetier, I loaded another and walked out of the room just in case I was being impatient and when I returned 1/2 hr later, it still was saving. Obviously a problem, eh?

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

If this is Windows, try cleaning/purging the temp directory (reboot first).

3. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Might be worth submitting this on the matterhackers forum. They might have more insight.

Did you repair the model in Netfabb?

4. cosber

cosber Active Member

Strange computer issue. Even though I removed the old version of Mattercontrol and downloaded the new one, the same version kept reappearing. I figured I had ran the old setup by mistake, but I hadn't. I did everything I knew to clear out the old version, short of messing with the Registry. No matter what I did, or how many times I downloaded the software, I always ended up with the old version. My laptop is very old and was running poorly so I wiped it completely clean, reloaded Windows and Mattercontrol. Now I finally have the new version. I didn't get a chance to run something yet, but I have high hopes the saving issue is resolved. I'll find out tonight!

5. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

you need to delete the files in Local\MatterControl

6. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

It is windows.

Nuke it from space, it is the only way to be sure :)

(and it sounds like you did)

7. cosber

cosber Active Member

So, fired up Mattercontrol. Chose my printer, followed the directions to disconect printer, hit continue, connect printer, etc. Clicked the button to install the drivers, which it did according to the command window. When I tried to connect, I got that Windows New Hardware detected popup which I hadn't seen in years. It wanted a driver for the Taurino something or other. Looked in Device Manager and there was the board with that annoying yellow question mark. Geez, I thought I'd never have to see it again when I went Mac.
    I ended up downloading an inf file, which still didn't help. Then I found an actual driver for the board. Loaded it up, still got no connection. While I was pulling out my hair, I don't know what I did, but when I tried connecting again, I heard that little R2D2 noise coming from the board which I knew meant it finally connected. Oh, and I loaded a file and it saved! Tried printing and, as usual, came out like crap. So, I'm finally back to where I was before!
    Now, to figure out that auto-level thing.