1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

MAX Bed Temp for the R2?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by SteveDjarrell, Nov 30, 2017.

1. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

There also was a significant improvement in the connection between the bed and Robo Mainboard when they eliminated the pogo pins for the version 2 bed. I would venture to say that out of the box there isn't a single V1 bed owner that can heat their beds into the 80 - 100°C range without getting some kind of error. It is my current understanding that R2 owners that have the V1 beds will get V1 beds or pogo pin boards if they develop issues under warranty.

I am not sure nor has it been hinted if Robo will develop a kit to upgrade the bed from V1 to V2. If you have a V2 bed there are far fewer issues with it than with the initial version.

SteveDjarrell likes this.
  2. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

There is a way to temporarily change RoboLCD so you can preheat the bed using Temperature controls on the LCD beyond the 100°C. If you ssh (username = pi, password = raspberry) into the rPi and edit /home/pi/oprint/lib/python2.7/site-packages/RoboLCD/lcd/manualcontrol.py. Change all references to 100 within lines 87 - 90 to 110, save the file. While you are there remove the manualcontrol.pyc file so OctoPrint will be forced to use the uncompiled code. Please note this change is temporary as it will be undone if you upgrade or reinstall the RoboLCD plug-in.

SteveDjarrell likes this.