1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Max Temp Error Code

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Jack Bushong, Feb 3, 2019.

1. Jack Bushong

Jack Bushong New Member

I just got a new Hot End from Robo. When installing, I noticed the smaller wire, which I think is what takes the temperature, was very thin and easy to break.

On the first use, I did get a Max Temp Error. I also noticed the temperature read 375 Deg C when cool. I wiggled the wire a bit to get it to read correctly and it finally worked. But each use, I have to do this wiggling of the wire. Obviously it shorts out with the insulation slipping off.

Without having to buy a new hot end again for $45, is there a third party thermometer? Or at least a third party hot end? Or will Robo sell me just the wire?

Next time I get a new one, I’m going to use rubber glue or something to insulate the wire better.

2. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

Sounds like you need a new thermistor, those are basically a glass bead in a 3 mm tube so you might be able to use something like this, Fysetc 3D Thermistor but you will need to shorten the leads and change the plug to the same one that Robo uses. Easiest is to slice in the Robo wiring on the end of the shortened leads, or else you could buy new connectors which I believe are 2.0 PH 2-pin connectors.

3. Jack Bushong

Jack Bushong New Member

Thank you. I just ordered it. I actually have a couple other broken thermistors. I’ll splice those.