1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

MAXTEMP triggered

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by QTI, Jan 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QTI

QTI New Member

Day one...I have everything connected and calibrated per the manual but I can't load the extruder due to the error that the printer has reached maxtemp. I have the printer set to 190 degrees however as soon as it registers the printer temp is around 290 degrees.

I have read several threads about a thermistor... how do I know if this is the problem? Not good for day 1!

2. Melody Bliss

Melody Bliss New Member

When your extruder is cold, what temperature are you getting from the extruder? It should be about room temp. Is it showing a sane number?

*while the extruder is cold* put your fingers around the extruder making sure you're covering the thermistor. Does the temp of the extruder go up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

You have a short. It's a common issue. Use the technical support contact on the main page and they'll get you fixed up

4. QTI

QTI New Member

I emailed them today but I tried again today to make the printer function and I found that the Repetier Host software reports a temperature of 295 degrees even when the printer is connected but powered off. Could this be an issue in the software or settings?

5. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

No that's a short with the thermistor. You can probably find the short yourself by following the thermistor back to the ramps board.

6. Melody Bliss

Melody Bliss New Member

That's definitely a short. If the hot-end is off but the thermistor is reading something insane then it's a short. If the thermistor was reading 0, then you'd know it's a break.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.