1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Answered MAXTEMP triggered

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Benz46, Jan 23, 2019.

1. Benz46

Benz46 New Member

Hello All,

I need some tips.
    I just put a new Extruder from Robo3D, i got a message "Extruder switched off. MAXTEMP triggered.
    I have this same problem long time ago, it was caused by my mistake plugging the connectore in reverse between the thermistor and heat sink.
    But now it's different, i have tried to switch between the two and still message appear, all i can do is Home X,Y,Z axis, nothing more.

I have check the plugs on board, seem ok (see attached).

What should i do?

Thanks in advance. IMG20190123170604-B.jpg

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Well, Robo uses an NTC thermistor (Negative Temperature Coefficient) so that means MAXTEMP (too high) is zero ohms (or close) on the thermsitor reading. A short circuit. You have a wiring problem or a bad thermsitor.

3. Benz46

Benz46 New Member

Hope it's not the thermistor because it's a brand new comes with hot end and heat sink wire already plug in :(

4. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

You can disconnect the wire to the thermistor and read it with a meter (the wire from the connector back to the thermistor -- Ohm scale -- something that can read 100k) and see what you get. It should be ball-park 100k

Geof likes this.