1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

May I ask?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by As785by, Dec 26, 2013.

1. As785by

As785by New Member

If i were to buy a 3d printer now. Would i have to wait the 8-12 weeks? I am seeing that on the forums people are getting theirs already.

Thank you

2. Racegrafix

Racegrafix Active Member

most likely.

I ordered 8+ weeks ago and people were receiving theirs, I still haven't got mine. Hope to soon though! It should get shorter soon though, it seems like things are speeding up slightly.

3. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

It's good to assume 8-12 weeks. Hope for the best, expect the worst.

4. Racegrafix

Racegrafix Active Member

Im at the 12 week mark, the only difference I see so far is now they don't respond to emails. I was told 8 weeks before I ordered. I would say assume a 15-20 week target, I think that's more realistic.

5. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

They're at CES this week. And prior was the holidays. Give them a few more days to get back to you.

6. Jimwahhh

Jimwahhh Member

"Give them a few more days" seems to be the mantra of the Robo3D forum unfortunately. I'm sure they are getting better, but if you are far away (like Autralia) then expect pretty big delays.

7. NickW

NickW New Member

I have been waiting on mine for a long time but I ordered mine back in summer. For whatever reason they skipped a bunch of people, I think it had something to do with them originally sending out printers made in house and then switching some folks to the printers made in China. They are responding to emails still, although like Mike said they had lots going on recently.

I could say more but I think 8-12 weeks is what you can expect, but I want to say don't be to surprised if it takes somewhat longer. A wise man said good things are worth waiting for or something like that...

8. Zeon231

Zeon231 New Member

You might want to take this with a grain of salt but I just received a reply from them after emailing them about the lead time about a week ago and they said that the lead time has been reduced to 8 weeks or less. If you check the website it will say the same.

9. NickW

NickW New Member

I wonder then if I will get shipping conformation within 8 weeks of emailing them and being told that I should be sent mine in the next batch. That would mean mid Feb...

10. CEM

CEM New Member

Any ideas as to what invoices have shipped? Where in the cue are they?

11. Racegrafix

Racegrafix Active Member

I think they are waiting on next wave. I bought a used one while i wait for mine, lol.

2 people like this.
  12. Eaon Latimore

Eaon Latimore New Member

I have not received shipping confirmation, and it's 8 weeks past the stated 12-14 weeks; so no, you will not get yours in 8 weeks. I'm at 22 weeks and still nothing, and I'm sure there are people that have been waiting longer. I'm starting to wonder if they haven't run into some financial problems???? Maybe it's time to cancel the order and move on, I mean, in another 2 weeks it will have been 6 months!

13. David Mortlock

David Mortlock Active Member

If they are waiting on the next wave then why don't they say that.

The silence is deafening guys.

2 people like this.
  14. David Mortlock

David Mortlock Active Member

There are, apparently, some kickstarter backers still waiting. They will have been waiting for about a year now.

15. Racegrafix

Racegrafix Active Member

They told me they are waiting on next batch. Feb should get us taken care of.

16. Peter Krska

Peter Krska Active Member

That means they'll receive their next batch in February and they would have to assemble so another 3 months from there? Or are they receiving their shipment in January and 3 months to assemble from there? Ouch either way.

I bought one from their production line at the end of November. They stated 8-12 weeks. Few more days and it'll be 8 weeks. Hopefully getting some news soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. Racegrafix

Racegrafix Active Member

I think they are just getting them already assembled and just shipping them out.