1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Mod options

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Burncycle, Mar 23, 2016.

1. Burncycle

Burncycle New Member

Hey everyone,
    I'm fairly new to the forums, just got my robo3d R1+ a few weeks ago, and I have a little left in my budget to do some upgrading. I've already picked up simplify3d, as well as a flek3d mat, so I'm thinking of upgrading the nozzle to an E3D V6. I'd also like to upgrade the extruder since I'm already having difficulty with it gripping the filament.

My question to you is this, would upgrading the nozzle first be my best bet, or should I focus on other parts first?

My goal is to work with exotic filaments on a frequent basis, once I get everything configured properly that is..

2. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

E3Dv6 and their hardened steel nozzles, especially if you want to work with filled filaments, Copper, Brass, Stainless Steel, Bronze, Carbon Fiber filled. You nozzle will hold up better than any brass nozzle.

Burncycle and mark tomlinson like this.
  3. daniel871

daniel871 Well-Known Member

Burncycle and mark tomlinson like this.
  4. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Depends on what exotics you have in mind. Flexible ones will be easier with the E3D and the PTFE tube modification.
    If you are not doing flexibles then that is not a big deal (you can modify the hex to use the PTFE tube sort of approach as well).

Other than that the hardened steel nozzle is a great idea as well.

Burncycle likes this.
  5. Burncycle

Burncycle New Member

So I think I'm going to go with the E3D V6 upgrade with Bowden option to get the tubing, a hardened steel nozzle, the hobb goblin shaft, and a motor for the extruder.