1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

More Kit Info Please

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by SPyKER, Jun 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SPyKER

SPyKER Active Member

Team R3D,

Congratulations on shipping your first printers!

I know that shortly you will begin shipping the kits as well. Have you yet created the assembly instructions and video? I have looked at the Guide, and while it looks ready for the information, the links are not connected.

Due to the frame and base size, I'm trying to figure out in my head how it will be shipped in a smaller package than one assembled. I hope it all works out for the best.

I specifically asked for a kit so that I can learn the internals and intricacies of the printer, both for maintenance and for opportunity for modifications and improvements. From all you have done through out the development and build process, there isn't likely to be much to do!

Looking forward to your reply.

2. JDM_

JDM_ New Member

So far the only mod being discussed by users is changing the hot end to an all metal one. This is only really important for printing filament with hi temp requirements like nylon. So far it is looking like a very good printer.

3. Harry

Harry Team ROBO 3D
    Staff Member

4. Seshan

Seshan Active Member

The videos don't show everything, I'm assuming they will be making more. The wiring is pretty simple though.

5. SPyKER

SPyKER Active Member

Harry,

You might want to fix the link to them, and even place multiple links with them in order. I'm sure a few of us would like to view them a few times and understand what we will be doing and the order to do it in. Some extended text instructions would also be great while the team is awaiting the next shipment of parts.

6. Coby Robo 3D

Coby Robo 3D Administrator
    Staff Member

Hey guys, the kit assembly videos are on the youtube channel. I will update the order today to make it easier to follow along. We are working on the text documents of assembly. Pretty much an ikea manual.

7. Seshan

Seshan Active Member

"Pretty much an ikea manual." Is that a good thing or a bad thing? ;)

4 people like this.
  8. SPyKER

SPyKER Active Member

Coby, we're all looking very forward to it. I was sure something was not yet complete when I was clicking on links which were returning me to the guide.

9. AutopsyTurvy

AutopsyTurvy Active Member

I hope the text documents will be put up somewhere accessible to everyone, not just those who are getting their Robo in kit form. I'm getting the assembled and calibrated version (mostly due to lack of time for a kit build), but if I need or want to tinker with things, I'd like to be sure of how it all is meant to go back together. :)

10. Harry

Harry Team ROBO 3D
    Staff Member

Hey AutopsyTurvy, all kit info is online including the videos. IS there anything missing?

11. AutopsyTurvy

No, no, was just responding to the above post saying that they're doing a text document for the kit assembly, in addition to the videos. It doesn't appear to be online yet in the "Assembly and Guides" section, though the videos are.

12. Harry

Harry Team ROBO 3D
    Staff Member

guide.robo3dprinter.com

that should be what you need, right?

13. AutopsyTurvy

Sort of, but in Chapter 2, under Assembly Guides, where it says "We have created how-to videos as well as step by step instructions and posted them on our website", the link for "step by step instructions" redirects to the front page of the Robo 3D website rather than the intended written instructions.

14. Harry

Harry Team ROBO 3D
    Staff Member

15. AutopsyTurvy

If the written assembly instructions aren't finished and up yet, that's fine - it's not like I need them right now, and may not actually need them at all. I just hope that when they are complete, they're not just printed out and stuck in with the kit, but available as a PDF or something. I'll keep an eye out for updates on the assembly page for when they're up. :)

16. Harry

Harry Team ROBO 3D
    Staff Member

Hey AutopsyTurvy, I'll get you more info on this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.