1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Answered More on my USB issues

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by David Carter, Jun 20, 2017.

1. David Carter

David Carter Member

This is a continuation of this thread... http://community.robo3d.com/index.p...irmware-stopped-responding.18589/#post-109336

The problem I was having was that communications with my printer was just stopping. I tried swapping the cable with no change. I tried printing from my Mac and things worked. I thought this was a hardware issue with my computer so I closed the thread. It wasn't. Printing from a second lap top produced the same results.

As it turns out, it was settings in Simplify 3D that was causing the problems. By default it does not use hardware flow control and this causes the buffers to overrun. The solution was simple. Go to "Tools --> Firmware Configuration" and then click the Communication tab. Set the flow control to "Hardware flow control". You need to have the setting that resets the firmware settings in your process settings disabled (In the G-codes section).

I suspect these settings were also affecting the MatterControl settings. I see no place in there to set (or reset) the hardware flow control.